Auto Defect Law Service
Auto Defect Cases
We at E&L, LLP, are prepared to represent clients throughout Southern California in product liability litigation against auto manufacturers in cases where a serious or fatal motor vehicle accident was caused by a dangerous defect in design or construction.
We also handle cases where the defective component or system was not the direct cause of the accident but resulted in injuries or death that would not have occurred otherwise.
Our senior attorneys have been nominated as Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, an acknowledgment that is received by the top 2.5% of attorneys – that means 97.5% of other Southern California attorneys do not qualify.
To Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With Our Firm,
Contact E&l, Llp, at (213) 213-0000
Examples of the kinds of cases our attorneys accept include:
- Seat belt failure, airbag failure, or both
- Lack of an electronic stability control (ESC) system
- SUV rollovers caused by the vehicle's inherent instability
- Defects in exotic autos, race cars, or high-performance models
- Roof crush injuries caused by inadequate structural support
- Car fires caused or worsened by a defective fuel line or gas tank design
- Head, face and eye injuries caused by defective auto windshield or window glass
- Sudden acceleration, in which the vehicle speeds or lurches forward
- Tire defects such as tread separation, belt edge detachment, or tire bead explosion
- Transmission defects, in which a car in park or neutral suddenly slips into a forward gear
Instead of assuming that the other driver's insurance limits (together with your own underinsured motorist coverage) represent the upper limit of what we can recover for you, we regard that figure as a point of departure.
Crashworthiness & Auto Defects
Crashworthiness refers to those properties of a car that protect its passengers in the event of a collision. Auto manufacturers need to design vehicles that offer a reasonable degree of protection in foreseeable types of collisions. Too often, manufacturers sacrifice crashworthiness to other vehicle design and performance features, and to profit.
In auto defect cases involving crashworthiness issues, we work closely with experts to analyze the results of test data. This helps to indicate the vehicle's safety performance under different accident scenarios and the conscious choices made by the manufacturer to address or ignore deficiencies.
Drivers and passengers have a right to protection from auto accident injuries that are caused or aggravated by such vehicle crashworthiness defects as:
- Inadequate structural strength resulting in roof crush injuries
- Failure of seat belts or air bag systems
- Unreasonable risk of injury from broken windshield or window glass
- Insufficient "crumple zone" performance in head-on or rear-end collisions
- Unreasonable risk of ejection due to door latch failure
- Fires or explosions caused by defective fuel line or gas tank design
- Unreasonable risk of being driven into the steering wheel or dashboard
- Inadequate interior padding to protect against fractures or injuries to internal organs
Our Approach to Defective Motor Vehicle Claims
If we take on your case, we will carefully analyze the circumstances of your accident to see whether it would have been less severe if the safety systems of every vehicle involved had performed properly.
In cases where our experience and work with forensic consultants indicate a strong likelihood of liability on the part of a manufacturer, we stand an excellent chance of achieving a settlement or jury verdict for the full amount of your damages, without regard for the limits of any driver's insurance coverage.
Entrust Your Case to E&l, Llp
E&L, LLP, has cultivated attorneys who are prepared to represent plaintiffs in complex personal injury, product liability, and car accident cases. If you have questions about your rights and options following an automobile defect, our team is readily available to help.
If you have been injured, contact E&L, LLP, at (213) 213-0000, for a free case evaluation and consultation.
We don’t charge you until we win!